[Owncloud] How to delete only the address book of an user

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Fri Oct 4 13:51:22 UTC 2013

On Friday 04 October 2013 12:25 kfx wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> - owncloud 5.0.11, mysql backend on Centos 6.4 x86_64
>
> I'm facing a problem with a user with a messed up address book. He want
> to start over with a fresh address book but cannot delete the messed
> ones (The web UI say that he has not enough permission to do so).

Try first to empty browser cache and do a Shift-refresh/reload. I think there
are still some problems with the list of address books being cached

> In oc_contacts_addressbooks tables I can see a row with his login, will
> it be sufficient to delete this row ? I want to just delete the current
> address book not the rest (files, calendar etc.) so he can start with a
> fresh one.

You will be left with stale records in oc_contacts_cards. You can of course
delete those with the corresponding addressbookid.

> Also I have in the same table some strange userid like
> c9b81a73-79f5-1632-0298-bf6794489352, should I delete them also ?

Looks like an LDAP UID?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus