[Owncloud] what's the best way to synchronize without X (without the gui client) on linux?

Dr. Johannes Zellner johannes at zellner.org
Sat Nov 2 10:07:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

thanks. The syntax for accessing ownclouds://... was the missing piece of
information I'd needed.  This seems also to work with ocsync as it comes
with debian.

It complains about not trusting the server certificate and asks me every
time for confirmation→ how can I tell ocsyue to trust the server
certificate?

What is then still missing, is access using a client certificate ÷)

Am 01.11.2013 19:50 schrieb "Jakub Moscicki" <Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch>:

> Hello,
>
> Yes, it does the background sync of the owncloud account - just like the
desktop client but without the gui. Very useful in some cases.

https://box.cern.ch/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=f694ef2c0f2c109df87b2fd90c9f8079

> You may need to install some dependencies (cmake, libiniparser,...).
> Edit the script and unset the PATCH variable.
>
> Once compiled then run like this (with lots of debug info -d 100 and
against https webdav endpoint):

> ocsync -d 100 -c ownclouds://USER:PASSWORD@SERVER
/owncloud/remote.php/webdav

> I hope this helps,
>
> kuba
>
> --
>

> On Nov 1, 2013, at 7:32 PM, "Dr. Johannes Zellner" <johannes at zellner.org>
>  wrote:
>
>> Kuba,
>>
>> does ocsync work with webdav, i.e. synchronizing with the owncloud
server?

>> --
>> Johannes
>>

>> 2013/11/1 Jakub Moscicki <Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> For your information, I use quite successfully the ocsync executable
from a cron: ocsync -d 100 -c local_dir remote_dir

>>> kuba
>>>
>>> --

I didn't