[Owncloud] default storage

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 11:46:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

I setup owncloud with LDAP authentication and external storage (via SMB/CIFS) for everyone. The server where owncloud is installed should not store any user files at all. All files should be within external storage.
How can I make sure that no user data is written to the owncloud server's disk?

If I go to the USERS listing, I can see a "default storage" menu with an "others" option. Can I set 0 in there? (of course, users should be able to upload anything to the external storage resources just as long as the SMB servers allow that - but that's beyond owncloud's scope)

Thanks,

Vieri