[Owncloud] posting files to all accounts

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Sat May 18 07:51:27 UTC 2013

Hi Bob,

On 05/17/2013 03:26 PM, Bob Tupaj wrote:
> Is it possible to post files, as a system administrator, that everyone
> with an account will see?  So far I have not located a common directory
> for all users.  I am hoping there is a way to do this within the /data
> directory.   I am looking to post instructions on sharing files to all
> our users (i.e., who connect with LDAP).

If you want to share a directory with all users (possibly those who auth
through LDAP and those who are defined in the local OC db or you have no
users in the local OC db) you can mount it locally (log in to oc as
admin, select Admin menu, external storage section, local storage type).
You can select "All users" in the applicable field. My only problem is,
that this gives rw rights to all of your users.

Does anyone know how to make it rw only to a subgroup of users, and ro
to others?

If you have both LDAP and local users, and you want to share something
only the the LDAP users, you can create an LDAP group containing all
your LDAP users and share your directory with this group.

					Yours: Laszlo