[Owncloud] ownCloud testathon

Bernhard Posselt nukeawhale at gmail.com
Tue May 14 16:44:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

In order to improve our quality we have to write automatic tests that
run on different platforms in order to reduce our workloads. This
includes: unittests, integration tests and acceptance tests.

I think everyone agrees that we need more automated tests but we kinda
push it back because:

* We dont know how to write them
* Our current knowledge level requires too much time to get started
* We want to work on cool features
* We want to fix bugs

Therefore I think it would be cool if we could come together in IRC or
mumble/skype/teamspeak and start working on a low number of testcases
together to get the idea how writing tests works. Jörn suggested to work
3 days on it, a lower number of days of attendance is fine too ;)

Please enter your names in the the doodle survey:
http://www.doodle.com/xgtbk82ncnn5t7wv and comment if its not possible
for you to attend it that week; we can always add more days ;)

The overall goal after the testathon should be that we've automated at
least 10 tests on the current testplan (
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Testplan) and that the
participants have a general idea how to do write tests.