[Owncloud] sharing link broken

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Thu Mar 21 09:04:10 UTC 2013

tl;dr
Isn't it time for a statement, that premature ownCloud 5.0 release was a
mistake ?

I have seen so many bug reports, most of them are reporting

+ broken file synchronisation with spooky version files
+ problems with unclear 2-way-synchronisation (still an enigma for me,
how it works, and another enigma, how it was intended to work)
+ lost WebDAV connectivity
+ broken shared link system again
+ PHP error message in error log files

This is what I have read here in the past days.

I filed all my local server and client problems as issues,
with the consequence that some developers bashed on me,
because I did not send logfiles according to oc rules of participation.

Isn't it time for a soft statement, that the - in my view /apparently
/premature -
release of ownCloud 5.0 was a mistake ?

I am not bashing the developers. They did certainly their best.
But please try harder.
T.