[Owncloud] shiva integration for ownCloud

Morris Jobke morris.jobke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 12:23:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

some days ago I read something about shiva[1] - an RESTful API for music.
It sounds really great.

I'm really interested in writing an ownCloud app providing this API. The
data is already retrieved by the "media" app. So this could be used. Also
the announced shiva2shiva communication seems to be interesting.

Being a student I would propose this as a Google Summer of Code project.
This could also include a separate client app for shiva inside of ownCloud.

Is this reasonable or wasted work? What are your thoughts?

Best regards,
Morris

[1] https://github.com/tooxie/shiva-server