[Owncloud] Introducing device tracking feature to ownCloud was: ideas for GSoC 2013

Qingping Hou dave2008713 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 22:49:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:42 AM, Alessandro Cosentino <cosenal at gmail.com> wrote:
> so, is their client already working with your app?

OK, the desktop client can communicate with the app now, after I flag the
device missing the desktop client will get notified.

> Some small things:
> * you can access POST variables by using $this->params('key') instead of
> $_POST['key'] in controllers. This helps you to write unittests ;)
> * theres a $this->renderJSON() shortcut for returning JSON
> * for a simple response, just use the Response object instead of
> TextResponse

I have updated the app according the suggestions. Got couple more
questions regarding the app framework:

* Is there anyway to obtain PUT request data like I do with POST?
* Currently, I am using addHeader method to status code of responses.
It looks a little bit hacky, not sure whether this is the right thing
to do.
* Seems that when there is a exception thrown in the mapper object,
the controller cannot catch it? I want to return json containing error
code to client side when there is an exception.

Thanks, for input and help from all of you :)