[Owncloud] ownCloud Client: Drop support for Qt 4.6

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Wed Mar 6 14:11:34 UTC 2013

Am Mittwoch, dem 06.03.2013 um 14:50 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
> On 06.03.2013 14:44, Thomas Müller wrote:
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, dem 06.03.2013 um 14:20 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> for various reasons we would like to drop support for Qt 4.6 in the
> >> ownCloud Client.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>

> > We will no longer support the current Debian Stable version.
>
> Is Qt 4.6 still supported by the Qt-Project?

No idea

> Are people using Deb Stable on the desktop?

Why not? ;-)

> Is there no way to get newer Qt for Deb Stable? I mean, in the worst
> case we could build it in OBS but well, we have packaging hell enough
> already. (Did I mention that everybody with spare time is invited to
> spend some nice time with packaging with us?)

I already double checked this some time ago - there are no backports available.
People most probably have to mess around in mixing release (use packages from testing).
But that's no out of the box solution.

> I know, its hard, but supporting Qt 4.6 is also difficult. When will the
> next Debian stable be released?

Should not take that much longer I guess - installer beta has been released a few days ago.

>  > Jenkins will stop to build Mirall as it's a Debian Stable machine.
> Thats no argument, because we might be keen enough to install a later Qt
> somewhere on that machine and build against that.

Sure - but one has to do it: most probably me! ;-)

Take care,

Tom