[Owncloud] Setup Owncloud to use Already-Existing Postgresql Database

Derek Broes derek at broes.net
Sat Jun 29 00:44:35 UTC 2013

Yes, whatever database name and user name the database is expecting but do
not have the "MyFancyPassword" in plain text.   Create the password as
"MyFancyPassword" in the database but convert to MD5 at the database.  Copy
that md5 converted password from the database and paste into the config
file, replacing the plain text version of the password.  So, you will only
have a MD5 hash in the config file and in the database created from the
plaintext of "MYFancyPassword" or whatever you choose to use.