[Owncloud] Update 5.0.7 uncontrollable encryption

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Fri Jun 7 20:32:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:18:06 -0400 Nicolas Mora wrote:
> When encryption is enabled, I created another text file, retest.txt,
> wrote into it, then saved. This file is correct, decrypted on the
> web interface, and encrypted on the hard drive. But, for some reason,
> I see a new file which is empty and has the name retest.txt.etmp,
> that was created at the same time.
> The first file (test.txt) is still readable.

*.etmp gets generated during file encryption but they get removed
afterwards. I never saw this file in my files list. Can you check if
the file exists on your hard drive.

The initial encryption takes place only once after the first time you
enabled the app. To enforce another initial encryption run you have to
edit the owncloud database table 'oc_encryption' and set
'migration_status' to '0'.

For every file a encryption key should exists in
data/userid/files_encryption/keyfiles/. Additionally for each file at
least one file called filename.userid.shareKey should exist in
data/userid/files_encryption/share-keys.

Can you please check if this files exists, especially for the files
which doesn't get decrypted?

cheers,
Björn

--