[Owncloud] WebDAV on Windows

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 21:54:19 UTC 2013

Hi chaps,

I don't normally use Windows, but I need to access my ownCloud store
from a Windows machine. I only need a few files, so I decided to mount
ownCloud as WebDAV. I followed the instructions on this page[1] but it
always fails with bad username/password (even though the password is
correct) and it makes no difference whether I try to map from Explorer,
or from the command prompt.

I wonder if I am running into the same issue as curana in this thread [2]

If WebDAV won't work, I want to try using the regular Windows desktop
client but I don't want to sync the whole tree. My ownCloud store is
hundreds of GB and I only want one directory to be synced. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/user_manual/files/files.html

[2] http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10737