[Owncloud] How to start app development?

Roman Geber geber at b1-systems.de
Wed Jun 5 13:16:50 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 03:12 PM, RoboMod wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> today I've got some ideas about nice apps for owncloud. So I looked into
> the developer manual. But I'm confused about how to start. There are
> multiple pages describing different ways.
> So which is the preferred, the "good" way to start app development?

Hi,

There are two ways to develep owncloud applications. One uses the
native owncloud API. The simplest way to get started with that is to
look at the sample application.

https://github.com/owncloud/apps/tree/master/apptemplate

Another way is to use the MVC framework which is not part of the OC
standard distribution. To make those run you'd need to install the MVC
framework. To get started check out the manual:

http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/developer_manual/app/index.html#app-development-using-the-app-framework-app

Hope that helps.

cu
Roman