[Owncloud] ownCloud 5.0.9

Derek Broes derek at broes.net
Sat Jul 20 17:52:52 UTC 2013

This was a clean install of Umbuntu 13.4 and a clean install of Owncloud
using the exact commands as copied and pasted below.

For xUbuntu 13.04 run the following as root:

echo 'deb
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:ownCloud:community/xUbuntu_13.
04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list
apt-get update
apt-get install ownCloud

I highly doubt a new install of Umbuntu 13.4  has a pre-defined
configuration for ownCloud. Regardless, if this is a clean install of
umbuntu 13.4 and it is somehow configured this way, that should be fixed or
noted on the site.

I just tried it myself with a clean install of Umbuntu 12.10 in a Virtual
Machine running on windows 2012 datacenter and it also installed version 3
from the commands posted on opensuse.

I wouldn't even know where to locate the install for version 3 of OC.