[Owncloud] KDE ownCloud client

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jan 24 13:47:19 UTC 2013

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:56:04 Joseph Marrero wrote:
> Thanks for all the info will work on this during the weekend thanks again
>
> On Jan 22, 2013 8:42 AM, "Sebastian Kügler" <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> [I'm CC:ing the owncloud list, since there are relevant people there]
>
> On Sunday, January 20, 2013 13:21:15 Joseph Marrero wrote:
> > Hi Sebas,
> > I hope you are doing well :)
> > I am the package maintainer for the owncloud client for Fedora
> > and I am thinking on includig your version too,
>
> Cool. :)
>
> > I am wondering if, there is still a plan to integrate the two of them or
> > if
> > you are working apart from Klass, because I see 1.2.0 about to come out
> > and
> > there is no integration yet with the kde/plasma client.
>
> I'm developing it in a Git branch of the "official" Mirall client, with the
> plan to include it "at some point" (time permitting).
>
> The code is rebased on the 1.2.0 beta, and I'll rebase it again onto the
> latest pre-release of 1.2.0. If you pull the plasmaclient branch from my
> repository, it will contain everything you need ("upstream" Mirall, plus
> plasmaclient). There are no incompatible changes (but some compatible
> changes, API additions mostly) to Mirall itself, so I expect it to not
> cause problems.
>
> If you build the plasmaclient branch, it will automatically build and
> install the plasma client bits: that's the owncloudsyncd (daemon), the
> systemsettings module, the module for Active settings and of course the
> Plasma widget.

This will not be automatically built anymore, you need to pass

-DPLASMACLIENT=ON

to CMake. I've done this in order to prepare the merge into mirall. My branch
is based on Mirall master as of three days ago, I'll update to the final
release shortly.

Let's try to keep communication on this list. :)

Cheers,
--
sebas