[Owncloud] Migrating 3rd party apps into ownclouds github repository

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Mon Feb 18 22:13:18 UTC 2013

Hi all,
during the last month I wrote a few simple apps which are published on the app
store. Despite quite some positive feedback, constructive suggestions and
helpful assistance in tracking down bugs I failed interest anyone into
contributing to the apps themselves. This means I ran a one man show over the
last month. Unfortunately I have to accept the fact that maintaining those
apps simply takes too much of my time. I have other ongoing projects, some of
those being more important for me personally. But since aparently there are
many users of the apps out there and they appear to draw attention I think it
might make sense to keep them alive.

Community interest asumed I suggest to transfer the apps in their current
state from my own subversion repository into ownClouds github repositories.
That way at least bugfixes could be done where and when required. The last
step I contributed was to migrate the apps to be usable under the upcoming OC
version 5. Aparently that is done, the apps 'Shorty', 'Shorty Tracking' and
'Imprint' can be installed and used likewise under OC-4.0, OC4.5 and OC-5 as
far as I can say. In my eyes this means that *now* is a good time for a
migration.

My questions:
1.) is there interest to accept the apps (in a community like sense)?
2.) maybe there is someone who volunteers to take (temporary) maintainership?
3.) where should the apps be imported to and how? (Sorry, I don't know git...)
4.) maybe someone volunteers to give me a hand in that migration to prevent
serious damages to the ownCloud repositories?
5.) obviously also alternative suggestions are welcome
6.) as well as any form of constructive feedback ;-)

--
Christian Reiner (arkascha)