[Owncloud] Using UPnP to make ownCloud available from "outside"

Vladimir Sapronov vladimir.sapronov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 19:57:45 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm interested if the possibility of using Wi-Fi routers UPnP was ever
considered to make ownCloud server available from outside of the home
network?

It seems to me that for now the recommendation is to setup port forwarding
on the router in order to make ownCloud available from outside of the
network. I thought that having some small module which will forward port
using UPnP of the router (if there's any router at all) would be good. For
most of households with plain basic Wi-Fi router setup that might simplify
ownCloud setup routine.