[Owncloud] [Contacts] Hack for sorting by last name

Andreas Borutta borumat at gmx.de
Fri Aug 2 20:22:14 UTC 2013

Thomas Tanghus schrieb:

>>> In getDisplayName() as mentioned above ;)
>>>
>>> Contact.prototype.getDisplayName = function() {
>>>
>>>     return this.getPreferredValue('N',
>>>     [this.getPreferredValue('FN',[])]).slice(0, 2).join(', ');>
>>> };
>>
>> Thanks for your help, Thomas.
>> Works fine!
>>
>> Please allow one further question:
>>
>> How can you realize the following view/sorting?
>
> In short: You can't. It would require ugly hacks and slow down sorting.

Thanks.

May be you like to take it as a suggest for a future version.

In my humble opinion it is very nice sorting mode.

And it is one of the three standard sorting modes e.g. in the iPhone.
And as I see it is Standard in Kobo Glo for sorting authors ;)

Andreas
--
http://borumat.de
http://fahrradzukunft.de