[Owncloud] group admins and user creation privilege

Andreas Ergenzinger Andreas.Ergenzinger at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Apr 24 09:52:43 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I would like to know what people's feelings are about the ability of subadmins (a.k.a. group admins) to create new user accounts. Should all subadmins always be able to do that? Or should that privilege require explicit permission from the (super) admin, possibly on an individual basis.

I am asking because I see a conflict here, between using groups with subadmins and the admin's desire to manage the whole user base with user backends.

Since I would like to have both, I would be willing to implement the necessary changes, but I would like to know the exact requirements first and whether this has any chance of making it to the core.

Cheers,
Andreas