[Owncloud] 3rdparty support on apps

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Wed Sep 26 15:16:31 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Wednesday 26 September 2012 16:46:23 Thomas Müller wrote:
> we have a - let's call it global - 3rdparty folder, which contains software
> components not developed by the ownCloud team and can/will be used across
> all apps.
>
> I'd like to introduce a app specific 3rdparty folder, which can (maybe some
> day MUST) contain the 3rdparty components only used by this app.

I am a little surprised by this... I thought such app specific 3rdparty
folders are already used inside apps. At least the 'Shorty' app does and did
so over the last month.

I did not experience any problems with that. This is how folder content is
referenced like:
OCP\Util::addScript ( 'shorty/3rdparty','jquery.tinysort.min' );
OCP\Util::addScript ( 'shorty/3rdparty','jquery.impromptu.min' );

--
Christian Reiner (arkascha)
[ foss at christian-reiner.info ]