[Owncloud] Heavy LDAP user search

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Sep 21 09:24:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

I still wonder why owncloud scans the whole directory. I'm always
running into the search time limit of our ldap server. Now, when I try
to share something with another ldap user, the owncloud server hangs. I
assume, it's because the autocomplete function tries to read in all 50k
users of our directory. And after the timeout it says "No users found".
I hope this will be changed with OC 5.

Am 20.09.2012 00:32, schrieb Manuel Delgado:
> Patch A (prepared statement)
> real    3m3.474s
> user    0m12.065s
> sys    0m12.689s
>
> Patch B ($arr[$dn])
> real    3m36.445s
> user    0m16.833s
> sys    0m12.661s
>
> The idea of the prepared statement and the unidimensional array worked
> perfectly. I will be doing more test and reports if found something, but
> it's working great with 110k ldap users.

Regards,
Dirk