[Owncloud] Appliances and NAS-Support

Patric Zimmermann Patric.Zimmermann at physik.tu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 20 19:38:15 UTC 2012

Hey Folks!

I was just wondering if there is somewhere a list of "verified to work" or "supported" NAS' for the use with OC.
Especially if they support https, mysql or sqlite, which PHP version is available, ect....

Unfortunately on http://owncloud.org/support/appliance/ there is only a reference to the QNAP forum.
Fair enough if one likes or has a QNAP, but what about others? Not supported? Not tested?

Is ist possible and/or wanted to start a list of "verfied to work" NAS Boxes in the PC-Wiki???
I'd love to have some kind of an overview of possible NAS' one can buy for OC, maybe there are even recommendations.

Maybe it would make sense to start and link it to a corresponding thread in the forum, where users can post devices.
(Ideally with / linking to some sort of quick instructions how they did it on their particular device.)

I think for 90% of the "homeusers" a NAS-Box would be more than sufficient, so I definitely see a need for such a list.

What do you think guys???

just my 2 ct.

Patric