[Owncloud] Music detection

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Sep 10 11:43:06 UTC 2012

Just started in on using Own Cloud this weekend, quite nice so far. I did
run into an issue around detection of music. I had three groups of music
files I synced over:

* mp3s bought from Amazon (256 Kbs fixed encoded) - worked fine
* mp3s bought from Humble Bundle (variable encoded) - owncloud doesn't
recognize them as music files
* flac bought from Humble Bundle - owncloud recognizes them as music files,
but can't play them

The flac files I didn't really expect to work, that's fine. But the vbr mp3
files not working was more of a problem.

Owncloud 4.0.7, on an Ubuntu 12.04 32bit server. Any ideas on what's going
on, or a work around?

    -Sean

sean at dague.net                                   Linux Users Group