[Owncloud] Github labels

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer jfd at owncloud.com
Wed Nov 21 11:06:27 UTC 2012

On 20.11.2012 22:11, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> The import Calendar function has a regression [1], but it's dependent on the
> (input) data. Does Gherkin have provisions for that?
Cucumber uses two steps to specify tests.

1. Gherkin is used to write scenarios in a structured English language.
You can eg. write
-----8<---------
Given I am logged in as "alice"
And   I am in the calendar app
And   I selected the month view
When I create a new event
And I enter "Bob's birthday" as title
And I set the end date to 1.1.1970
Then the start date should be corrected to 1.1.1970
--------->8------

2. Cucumber uses step definitions to execute each line:
-----8<---------

When /^I am in the "([^"]*)" app$/ do |app|
  visit "/index.php?app=#{app}"
  page.should have_selector('a#logout')
end

--------->8------

So yes, it is very much encouraged to use specific values in the scenarios.

> While looking at http://owncloud.org/dev/kanban-board/ I saw that there's a
> "Panic" label. I'm not sure whether such a label sends the right message ;-)
DeepDiver an I thought that a more emotional "Panic" raises the level of
awareness for developers over a "oh this is ... critical ... well, yeah
whatever, pushing my code is critical as well."

> With "Critical" (for example) you'd signal the proper urgency of the issue but
> you'd be able to realize that you can get your data back by restoring a backup.
> When you're in panic you wouldn't be able to come up with such a solution.
I see your point, but educating our users to make backups may be out of
scope for ownCloud ;) I still think the call for action with "Panic" is
greater than with "Critical", but that might be because English is not
my mother tongue.

so long

Jörn

--