[Owncloud] OC4 compatibility FAIL

Florian Hülsmann fh at cbix.de
Sat May 26 15:33:26 UTC 2012

In lib/installer.php I found this check:

$version=OC_Util::getVersion();
                 if(!isset($info['require']) or
($version[0]>$info['require'])){
			OC_Log::write('core','App can\'t be installed because it is not
compatible with this version of ownCloud',OC_Log::ERROR);

Which means that if the <require> tag content in info.xml is below the
ownCloud version number, the installation fails. So in ownCloud 5 no
external apps can be installed before having their <require> tag set to
a number >= 5. Can someone please explain me the intension of this
behavior? Or did I miss something?

Thanks!

--
Florian Hülsmann