[Owncloud] MySQL issue?

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Sat May 5 10:31:50 UTC 2012

Am 05.05.2012 12:15, schrieb Klaas Freitag:
> Hi,
>
> when I try to use mysql with HEAD aka. tasks branch, I get this when
> trying to connect to a newly created mysql database during install step:
>
> [Error message: unable to establish a connection]
> [Native code: 0]
> MDB2 Error: connect failed: _doConnect: [Error message: unable to
> establish a connection]
> [Native code: 0]
>
> Maybe its because my database server password is empty?
>
> thx,
>
> Klaas
Klaas,

I had this problem, too.
It has severals reasons.

First you need to check and to be 100% sure that you have MDB2 and/or
PDO PLUS MYSQL DRIVER is installed

Please check your phpinfo or run

php -i | grep pdf
php -i | grep mdb2

To install MDB2 use:

pear install mdb2

Or to install php-pdo or recompile your php
read http://www.php.net/manual/de/pdo.installation.php
_and_ read http://www.php.net/manual/de/ref.pdo-mysql.php

ii) ./configure (...your other options, see output from php -i )
*--with-pdo-mysql*

See also http://bugs.owncloud.org/thebuggenie/owncloud/issues/oc-530

Tom