[Owncloud] Gitorious vs Github

Sam Tuke samtuke at owncloud.com
Tue May 1 01:14:37 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-04-28 at 22:43 +0200, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> Freedom requires freedom, its not working otherwise.

This is also my view. I disagree with the proposal to move to GitHub.

ownCloud should not associate itself with proprietary or neo-proprietary
(open core) partners or suppliers unless there is a significant benefit
in doing so. I don't think GitHub offers sufficient benefits to merit
such an association.

However, an improvement to the availability of the ownCloud repo would
be good, and I know that Frank is already looking into this.

Best,

Sam.