[Owncloud] Database change on update to 4.0.x? & ldap-issues & logs

chymian chymian at gmx.net
Fri Jun 29 11:37:10 UTC 2012

hi,
I'm about to upgrade 3.0.3 to 4.0.4.
allready had some fun with it yesterday and did switch back:

I want to move from sqlite to mysql: is there a proposed path to follow?
*  tried to "just" overwrite, removed the data/*.db files, but did not work, since non of the stored files where imported. all shares
lost.

then, LDAP: even more disturbing:
*  under 3.0.3 I could login with ldap-users - but didn't see them in admin-menu-users.
*  under 4.0.3, it was vice versa! I see all ldap-users & groups in the user-menu &  mysql-ldap-user-mapping table... but cannot
login - no error message, no syslog, no apache-msg....

what owncloud is missing since the begining, is a rescan butten in the admin menu.
*  nobody want's to go to the config files or database to change some vallue or delete a table, to just rescan & import what's
there.

the log still does not tell what's wrong:
* activating a app, which is delivered with 4.0.3, tells, this app does not run with 4.0.3 (sorry, forgot which one it was)
* and in the log: there is something logged like "it does not work...", but don't tell what it is.... this is not helpful!

why are there apps delivered with 4.0.x, which don't even work with 4.0.x?
think we need a bit more intelligent update/apps system. think of apt with diff. versions & dependencies.

and last but not least:
at the loginpage - if the browser filles out user & password, no login-button is shown. one hast to manually click into the name-
filed, use tab o.ä. to login....

TIA
günter