[Owncloud] Setting up owncloud with PostgreSQL

Michael Gapczynski mtgap at owncloud.com
Thu Jun 28 16:06:48 UTC 2012

> No I created a simple user with all privileges on the owncloud
> database (but not able to create new database).
> But it seems that there is a connection problem before even trying to
> modify anything in the database but I had no error in the logging
> file, only on the screen.

The user has to be a superuser because the setup tries to create a new
database. If it the database is already created it will throw an error (I'll
look into preventing that), but it should still create the tables without a
problem.

I'll work on returning better error messages during the setup for PostgreSQL.

Michael