[Owncloud] App settings

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Mon Jul 23 19:40:04 UTC 2012

Hello all,
moving the apps settings into the apps makes sense in my eyes.

On Monday 23 July 2012 10:09:20 Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
> To not have me as organization bottleneck in this, it should just be
> done by each app developer individually, like this:

Since this automatically also applies for external developers / 3rd party apps
it would be great if there would be something like a timeline:
Is there any (implicit) goal for what version this should be done ?

The reason why this is not a trivial question:
Unlike the core apps, 3rd party apps are usually installed from
apps.owncloud.com. Unfortunately that space is not able to serve more than a
single version of an app. This has already been a big problem when switching
to OC4: no app installable, not because the external developers were lazy, but
because it was simply impossible to provide an installable app in exactly that
moment, when a wave of curious users tries OC because of the release news.
This was the cause of quite some frustrated comments back then.
So since the technical framework is limited, it would make sense to at least
offer an organizational frame.

Christian
--
arkascha