[Owncloud] Setting up owncloud with PostgreSQL (SOLVED)

Saint Germain saintger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 23:14:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:22:57 +0200, eMerzh <merzhin at gmail.com> wrote :

> Thanks for your tests...
> in fact the setup is a bit special for the connection...
> i've made some changes on the master... can you test those and report
> any pbm ?

Yes I just tested on the last version of master and it works exactly
like yesterday:
1) if you have the correct permission it's fine
2) if you don't have the correct permission:
a)
createuser -d -R -S -P owncloud
password is "toto titi tata".

can not connect to database, using pgsql. (SQLSTATE[08006] [7] missing
"=" after "titi" in connection info string)

b)
createuser -d -r -S -P username
DB Error: "ERROR: must be a member of role « oc_saintgermain »"
Offending command was: CREATE DATABASE "owncloud" OWNER
"oc_saintgermain" can not connect to database, using pgsql.
(SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: database << owncloud >> doesn't exist)

It really seems (see the "titi" part in the error message) that the
password is not sent correctly and it somehow got interpreted
(otherwise why is "titi" outside the password "toto titi tata" ?).

Regards,