[Owncloud] mp3info obsolete?

Daniel Köb daniel.koeb at peony.at
Tue Jan 3 10:09:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

When I installed ownCloud I saw that the dependency to mp3info for ID3
tag support was missing. So I installed it and uploaded some songs just
to realize that no songs are shown in the media app. I remembered that
all my MP3s use ID3v2 whereas mp3info just supports ID3v1. So I had a
look at the code and saw that the getid3 library is there, but if
mp3info was installed it was not used. I uninstalled mp3info and all
songs showed up in the media app!
I think mp3info is obsolete and should be removed completely. Attached
is a patch that does this. Furthermore, if the patch is applied the
following sites should be updated as well:

http://owncloud.org/install/advanced/
http://owncloud.org/install/configure/

Daniel