[Owncloud] WebDAV copied files have 0 bytes - sometimes...

cosch cosch at torfbruecke.net
Mon Jan 2 10:54:15 UTC 2012

Hi again,

On 01/02/2012 11:41 AM, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Uhm, no. Again - it happens also with Linux as a client and with
> Apache on Linux as a server. So, no, it doesn't look like it's related
> to certain clients and/or certain servers. As there are now also
> reports that it malfunctions on non-Apache servers, I think it's a
> very good indication that the WebDAV implementation in OC is broken at
> a low level.
>
> And "again" again - my debugging showed that the locking stuff doesn't
> work. And comments regarding this?

i tried to search for SabreDAV (which i understand is the OC wevdav
framework used) bugs regarding webdav locks. This looks to be very
interessting:

"Multiple locks not maintained when using Sabre_DAV_Locks_Backend_File"
http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/issues/detail?id=178#c0

"... 3. Final PUT containing file data fails with 412 Precondition
failed because the UNLOCK ._(file) nukes the token for the first LOCK
(file).."

It claims to be fixed on December 14 and beeing release as SabreDAV 1.5.5.
What is the version included in current OC Master?

best,
/cosch