[Owncloud] Upload Button on 4.5.4 is broken again?:)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Dec 7 13:14:12 UTC 2012

Jan-Christoph Borchardt <hey at jancborchardt.net>
> MJ Ray: That’s a fair point, but continuously seeing issues reported double
> on the issue tracker and here on the mailing list decreases the amount of
> time we can actually focus on working on fixing it.

Sure, I agree with this - people can check the issue tracker for free
and should do so before posting here.

> Github is the main platform we chose, and if that’s a problem then
> it shouldn’t annoy you if it takes long to get an answer from
> developers on the mailing list. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but we
> have enough on our plates as it is – if you want to make it easier
> for us developers, just report it directly at Github.

Github is the platform you chose despite the warnings, so you should
accept the consequences of that choice instead of rebuking.  One of
the conequences, which was warned about, is that some users and
non-core developers are reporting issues on the surviving open
platforms like the list and forums.

> Besides that, the Github terms are quite ok, especially if you just
> use it to report issues: http://tos-dr.info/#github-tosdr

No, they're not.  In short, there's a big thumbs-down for having to
write github a blank cheque indemnity and the information point about
having to provide one's legal full name should be a thumbs-down too.

But we already know we disagree about this: you've agreed to github
and others have not.  Please continue using Github if you like, but if
you want to make it easier for us developers and users, please accept
other reports and patches nicely.

Thanks,