[Owncloud] Upload Button on 4.5.4 is broken again?:)

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Fri Dec 7 00:00:22 UTC 2012

On Thursday 06 December 2012 20:08:23 Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
> MJ Ray: That’s a fair point, but continuously seeing issues reported double
> on the issue tracker and here on the mailing list decreases the amount of
> time we can actually focus on working on fixing it. Github is the main
> platform we chose, and if that’s a problem then it shouldn’t annoy you if
> it takes long to get an answer from developers on the mailing list. Sorry
> if that sounds harsh, but we have enough on our plates as it is – if you
> want to make it easier for us developers, just report it directly at Github.

There were only very few aspects I learned in the "religion classes" back at
school. Yet I do remember one single saying that expresses very good what I
feel when reading that above passage:

It is not mankind being there for Sabbath sake, it is Sabbath being there for
mankinds sake!

There is so much truth in that. I want to say: if the owncloud core team
regards community contributions as something annoying or distracting, then
something is really wrong in the project.

--
Christian Reiner (arkascha)
[ foss at christian-reiner.info ]