[Owncloud] 4.5 beta 1

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Aug 30 09:43:45 UTC 2012

On 30.08.2012 12:29, Thomas Müller wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, dem 30.08.2012 um 11:19 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
>> On 30.08.2012 11:26, Thomas Müller wrote:
>>> Am Donnerstag, dem 30.08.2012 um 10:20 schrieb Torsten Grote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> As soon as we have the dev mailing list we can push emails there as well.
>>> I don't either want to flood this list with the build notifications nor the
>>> personal mailboxes of the individual developers.
>>>
>>> What about tweeting the build status ;-)
>> lol yes! Now finally Hermes [1] comes into game, I knew it :-)
>>
>> [1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Hermes
>
> Shall I put this onto the list for the dev meeting?
>
> Klaas, maybe you can explain then what it is doing and how it works.
> Is it a service we can use? Do we need to install is?
Hmm, that was more meant as a joke ;-)

No, well, yes, for sure Hermes is useful. It's idea is that a system
sends notifications to Hermes (ie. the notification "Test failed") with
other describing data. Hermes than registered this notification type and
users can subscribe to it, ie "I want to be informed about test fails".
Users can choose which type of notification they want (EMail, RSS feed,
also Twitter) and notifications can be digested, ie. one mail per day
with all Test failed messages.

As much as I like the system (maybe because I wrote it ;-) I think its
still overkill for us, because everything we set up we have to maintain.
We should concentrate on ownCloud. Later maybe...

Sorry for confusion,

Klaas