[Owncloud] File upload

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Mon Aug 6 10:06:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

I recently got feedback from one of our users, who showed some interest
in the feature to allow file upload to a user space by somebody else.

This topic has been discussed on this ticket:
http://bugs.owncloud.org/thebuggenie/owncloud/issues/oc-190

Some basic implementation can be found here (worked for OC3):
https://gitorious.org/my-owncloud-apps/file_drop

I'm interested in your opinion on this feature:
- Is it something we'd like to have as an core app like e.g. contacts or is it something for the appstore?

- Do we want to merge the feature with some kind of general user page?
  (Display profile pic, name email ....)

- The current implementation requires the external user to enter the user name to where the file should be uploaded.
  From an UX point of view this is bad - from a security point of view it might be better than a user page which could be crawled by bots.

THX,

Tom