[Owncloud] appswebroot path issue

Florian Hülsmann fh at cbix.de
Fri Aug 3 15:09:44 UTC 2012

AFAIK the app itself doesn't know its absolute directory and the
directory of other apps, so the placeholders don't make that much sense
to me. Assume an app called "myApp" that is in /var/www/owncloud/apps
and another called "otherApp" that is in /var/www/oc-apps. This is
possible through the movable apps feature. A CSS file from myApp would
contain: ... url('%appswebroot%/myApp/img/foo.png') ...
url('%appswebroot%/otherApp/img/bar.png') ...

which would break everything in case we're only replacing the
placeholders with the app directory >:-(

I'd strongly recommend this in CSS:

url('index.php?app=myApp&getfile=img/foo.png')
url('index.php?app=otherApp&getfile=img/bar.png')

and make related modifications to the ownCloud core so it delivers the
image (if it not already does ATM). An alternative would be our very own
CSS syntax extension and maybe something like
url('%imagepath:myApp:foo.png%') and some regex parsing, but that's no
way intuitive for CSS developers..!

Florian

Am 03.08.2012 16:12, schrieb Georg Ehrke:

> Am 03.08.2012 um 16:10 schrieb Alessandro Cosentino <cosenal at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi Diederik,
>> I sent a second email 40 minutes ago, where I said that it's not
>> working without apps either.
>> Did my second email not hit the list?
> It did hit the list.
>>
>> Alessandro

>>> In your first mail you said you used:
>>> background: url('%appswebroot%/apps/news/img/rss.svg')
>>>
>>> note that you have /apps/ in that url, while eMerzh didn't

Florian Hülsmann
<fh at cbix.de>
http://cbix.de