[Owncloud] Mirall, was: alternative Icons

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Wed Oct 19 19:33:23 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2011, 16:51:06 schrieb kunal ghosh:
Hi Kunal,

> What's Mirall ?
Mirall is a Qt desktop program, running as a tray icon. It was started by
Duncan Mac Vicar some time ago and he was experimenting with various sync
backends to sync files, not directly related to ownCloud. For example, he used
csync and unison as backends to sync to local and remote folders.

I was interested in having a solution that mirrors data from my local machine
to my ownCloud. I found out that a tool called sitecopy can deal with webdav
and so I implemented some classes which do the mirroring to ownCloud. It was
called Cloudia, I postet here about it.

Than people convinced me that the Cloudia functionality would be better merged
into mirall and I did that. So mirall now can manage "upload folders" which
mirror their content to the ownCloud, one way, so we can not speak about
syncing or such magic stuff.

On the way, we added some more functions such as:
- GUI-Wizard to easy install oC on local computer and web space with ftp
access.
- Wizard to manage mirror folders
- fetch functionality, that is downloading the oC-contents to the local
folder.

mirall is currently on my github: https://github.com/dragotin/mirall I hope to
have it available for at least openSUSE via OBS soon.

regards,

klaas