[Owncloud] alternative Icons

Jan-Christoph Borchardt jan at unhosted.org
Wed Oct 19 12:11:25 UTC 2011

The icon should not be too colorful as it distracts people from their
actual work and puts too much emphasis on the logo. We are not there to
distract people but rather to stay in the background and just work.

On Wed, October 19, 2011 14:01, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> Am 19.10.2011 13:52, schrieb Frank Karlitschek:
>> Or do you mean an icon for the systray for mirall?
>> The systray icon doesn´t have to be the logo and can be something else.
> Yes, I'd like to use it for mirall if nobody heavily objects.

The ownCloud logo (only monochrome) should only be used in an "official"
ownCloud context. And if it is only an ownCloud client I would highly
suggest renaming Mirall to ownCloud.

If it is a client for more than ownCloud, then a different name is of
course fine - but then it should not use the ownCloud logo in any form.