[Owncloud] Re: KDE/OwnCloud file sync client

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Wed Mar 16 14:00:16 UTC 2011

Am Montag 14 März 2011, 03:42:02 schrieb Matthew Dawson:
Hi Matthew,

> I'm working on finishing off some rough edges before making the project
> more official, and I'm interested in what the rest of the OwnCloud
> community thinks.  Currently the only real interface is a testing client
> and the real interface would be a full gui program and would look much
> better.  The client is located in the termcli folder, and will output its
> help information when run with --help.  Note that the client requires an
> X11 connection as it is a full KDE app for now.
I compiled it and installed the plugin. But the termcli did not return for
me, nothing happened. Obviously I did something wrong.

I am also interested in a proper file sync library for the owncloudification
of my project Kraft [1] but I was thinking on doing it on base of WebDAV,
with the help of webdav attributes for the file version.
Did you consider that?

BTW - there is a qt based webdav lib here:
http://dev.iksaif.net/projects/qwebdav

I made some experiments with it and found it useful.

regards,
Klaas

[1] http://volle-kraft-voraus.de