[Owncloud] Re: Ideas for improving owncloud

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:47:18 UTC 2011

On 2011-02-24 Fabio wrote:
> 2011/2/24 Klaas Freitag <freitag at kde.org>
>
> > > The problem with git,  is sharing, not the versioning ;)
> >
> > Why don't we investigate to implement the WebDAV sharing extension?
> > It's described here: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3253
>
> I think that document speaks about versioning and not sharing.

Ok, maybe wrong document - but the WebDav sharing plugin for Git came up
at a discussion yesterday at SCALE about artists having trouble with the
complicated GIT. Having a WebDav folder (which they can just open in any
KDE app or mount for non-KDE apps) where they can drop files which are
then available in GIT is just awesome ;-)

If OwnCloud could implement this I'm sure the openSUSE Artists would be
the first to use it... ;-)