[Owncloud] Re: Help for the website, again

Aaron Reichman areichman.kde at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 01:37:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Damien Tardy-Panis <
damientardypanis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, when I wrote "From all I've read ownCloud is a KDE project" and the
> paragraph that followed, I tried to explain the same kind of things you
> just
> said.

To me also, ownCloud is aimed at everybody : I'd love to see gnome and
> windows
> people working on it too. That is the idea : making something universal.
> And
> we should present it this way.

> To summarize, it would have been better to say "ownCloud is a universal
> project developed under the KDE umbrella". But that is just a summary and
> we
> should not focused too much about the KDE side.
>

> In fact, that's why making a real website will help a lot spreading our
> vision
> and making ownCloud more popular.  People currently have a wrong idea about
> the scope of ownCloud.
>
> But I also think, at least in the beginning, that we should use as much as
> possible the KDE infrastructure to make the development easier and not to
> reinvent the wheel about project organization every time.

 I couldn't agree more, let's do it.

> So I'm really in total agreement with what you think. That's cool : it
> means I
> joined the right team ;-)
>
> Wonderful, I'm really glad we all had the same idea, I just wanted to make
sure we didn't forget about those parts of it. If nobody has any objections,
I'm going to start talking to some other groups, probably gnome first. It
would be great if everybody could come together at the Desktop Summit and we
could get even more momentum behind ownCloud.