[Owncloud] Re: owncloud for non-techs

Jan-Christoph JanCBorchardt at fsfe.org
Mon Jul 18 23:03:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, July 12, 2011 07:23, Nikku wrote:
> 3. I have recently switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone 4 for my mobile
> computing. I am not 100% convinced about the iPhone but right now it is so
> much more functional than my Blackberry was that I'm not turned off yet. I
> will be considering Android in the future. Can you tell me if Owncloud is
> optimized in such a way as to make it easy for iPhone users to access
> their
> data in the cloud?

At the moment, there are no official ownCloud mobile apps (those for
Android and webOS are in development).

Meanwhile, you can use any WebDAV client. A good (though proprietary) one
for iOS is WebDAV Navigator: http://seanashton.net/webdav/ It’s also
available for Android and BlackBerry.

If you find a better client, maybe even free & open-source, feel free to
let us know.