[Owncloud] Problems with ownCloud in Windows+IIS and eM Client

Leon Orator leonorator at lavabit.com
Wed Dec 7 19:20:23 UTC 2011

Hello,

I installed ownCloud on Windows 7 + IIS. The web application seems to
work well, but when i try to access the Contact List from a CardDAV
client -in this case, em Client- i get the following error:

[CalDAV / CardDAV]  MailExceptions.OperationException: Subfolder
synchronization for folder "testOwn" failed with following error: Not Found

I tried the eM Client with other CardDAV servers (Sogo, Memotoo) and it
works.

The address I use in eM Client for the CardDAV server is:
http://myowncloud/owncloud/apps/contacts/carddav.php/

This is the web server log:
2011-12-07 18:30:25 127.0.0.1 OPTIONS
/owncloud/apps/contacts/carddav.php/ - 80 - 127.0.0.1
eM+Client/3.5.12280.0 200 0 0 4
2011-12-07 18:30:25 127.0.0.1 PROPFIND
/owncloud/apps/contacts/carddav.php/ - 80 - 127.0.0.1
eM+Client/3.5.12280.0 404 0 123 5
2011-12-07 18:30:25 127.0.0.1 REPORT
/owncloud/apps/contacts/carddav.php/ - 80 - 127.0.0.1
eM+Client/3.5.12280.0 404 0 2 19
2011-12-07 18:30:25 127.0.0.1 PROPFIND
/owncloud/apps/contacts/carddav.php/ - 80 - 127.0.0.1
eM+Client/3.5.12280.0 404 0 123 2

It seems it can't find the proper resource. Could it be an IIS
configuration problem, maybe related to WebDAV support? Or is someting
wrong with the ownCloud installation?

And by the way, could you suggest a tool to test the CardDAV server? I
mean, a desktop application that allows you to send CardDAV commands and
see the response from the server?

Thank you.

     Leon