[Owncloud] Spreading and advertising

Michael Gapczynski gapczynskim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 02:47:45 UTC 2011

Since Jan believes that 2.0 should wait for the completion of sharing, I'd
like to fill everyone in on its status. The backend is pretty much complete
and the majority of the work involves the UI and the ownCloud file system.
Here's what I still need to accomplish in order for sharing to be release
ready:

- Share drop down UI (+ public links integration)
- Shared indicator on files
- User group sharing
- Permission fixes in shared storage
- Mounting shared storage providers outside of default Share directory and
doing it dynamically
- Case sensitive queries (Difficult with different databases)

Another thing I'm considering, but isn't necessarily needed for a first
release, is notifications for files shared with you and the ability to
accept or deny.

I'm sure I may have forgotten a few things for that list, but those are the
things I should finish in the coming weeks. Google Summer of Code is
supposed to end on August 22, but that doesn't mean I have to stop coding.

In my opinion 2.0 will be a great release with or without sharing.

Michael