[Owncloud] Re: current newest repository

Robin Appelman icewind1991 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:53:01 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 27 April 2011 03:33:59 Bastian Neumann wrote:
> Hey, I just found ownCloud as it was mentioned in the new KDE release I
> couldn't install yet but I downloaded the newest tarball from the wiki
> I had a close look at the wiki at owncloud.org and found the KDE project
> page at projects.kde.org/projects/playground/www/owncloud/ but what really
> does confuse me is that you have two repositories running. The one at
> gitorious.org and the one on projects.kde.org and both with recent updates
> but they are quite different!
>
> So, which one does contain the newest code that will not be abandoned in a
> future version? Which one is worth have a closer look at?
>
> I just had a look at the code on gitorious and started to get into it. As a
> result of this I wrote a small Tutorial on how to develop plugins for the
> webUI, see http://owncloud.org/index.php/Make_Your_First_Plugin
>
> ---
> Bastian Neumann
> http://www.virginsuicide.net

The one on projects.kde.org is the active one.
Frank, can you remove the one on gitorious?

The tutorial for making plugins looks cool and we really need something like
that, unfortunally it isn't compatible with the changes for 2.0 (located in
the refactoring branch on git.kde.org), the plugin system of 2.0 is still a
work in progress but breaks compatibility with old plugins on some places.

 - Robin Appelman