[Owncloud] GSoC ownCloud Sharing Proposal

Michael Gapczynski gapczynskim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:55:08 UTC 2011

I've just submitted my proposal for ownCloud Sharing for Google Summer of
Code. This project will allow users of an ownCloud server to share files
with each other. Currently in ownCloud, users can only access their own
data, and have no ability to share their data with the other users. This
project will also allow users to share a space for their data in which a
group of users have access to the files.

Please check out the full proposal here:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/mtgap/3001

I need to add more to the implementation plan, but I'm not familar with how
to create storage providers and have other users using them. Could someone
please explain this to me so my proposal can be more complete?

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Michael Gapczynski