[Owncloud] ownCloud 1.0 RC1 issues

Gianluca Urgese giasone.82 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:12:44 UTC 2010

Il giorno 01/giu/2010, alle ore 12.46, Frank Karlitschek ha scritto:

> Hi all,
Hi

> thanks a lot for the great work of all of you in the last few weeks. Especially because I hadn´t much time lately. :-)
> I think we achieved a lot and we are on the right track to produce a fantastic piece of software.
>

> I tried to package and release ownCloud 1.0 RC1 during this weekend like I announced last week. The plan is to release 1.0 during Linuxtag next week and do a 1.0.1 shortly after this with bugfixes.
>
> But I noticed a few major problems.
>

> 1. I got 2 scrollbars ...
> 2. Initial database setup...
> 3. usermanagement / groups...
> 4. Settings / Admin Panel...
Wich one part i can take and improve? I will happy to work on something but who work on what, and how can help? All of this 4 points for me are "eguals", I can choose one, write and discuss here, start to coding? This is the right flow?

> By the way. We should use this mailinglist to discuss major architectural changes and big commit.
> It is important that we are on the same page here and work in the same direction. :-)
>
> We should use this mailinglist as "official" platform to decide about the direction of ownCloud. IRC is not the right medium because people who are not online at this moment can´t tell their opinion.

Yes for me, It's right to use ML to coordinate all the works.

> Cheers
> Frank

Thanks
Gia