[Open-collaboration-services] OCS and Issue Trackers

Henri Bergius henri.bergius at nemein.com
Fri Nov 19 15:20:18 CET 2010

Hi,

We had a pretty good OCS BoF in the MeeGo Conference. One of the
things briefly discussed was the idea to add an "Issue Tracking"
module to the OCS spec. This would be useful for cases like Maemo
Downloads where we want to make it easy for users and testers to
report and browse issues related to the software they install.

Most, but not all Maemo Downloads apps use bugs.maemo.org as their bug
tracker. If there would be an OCS API for handling this, then we could
easily provide the same interface not only for that tracker, but also
to apps that track their bugs elsewhere.

What do you think? Should we start to draft such an interface? The bug
tracker could obviously utilize some existing modules like Comments
and Fan, as those duplicate some common bug tracker functionality.

--
Henri Bergius
Nemein - Web Craftsmanship